The physicians at Fort Worth ENT use advanced technologies to perform minimally invasive surgery which has revolutionized treatment for many ear, nose, and throat conditions that affect children, teenagers, and adults. These minimally invasive procedures result in less discomfort, quicker recovery times and better outcomes for patients than traditional “open” surgery.
What is Minimally Invasive Surgery?
This is surgery performed using the smallest incisions that allow for effective surgery to take place (if any incision is needed). The benefits are usually less discomfort and quicker recovery times. Parathyroidectomy and thyroidectomy are ideal surgeries for this technique, although not all thyroid surgeries can be performed this way. The ear, nose and throat specialists at Fort Worth ENT have optimized minimally invasive techniques for:
- Minimally Invasive Thyroid Surgery
- Pituitary tumor removal through the nose (in conjunction with a neurosurgeon)
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Pediatric functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Office-based sinus procedures – Balloon Sinuplasty
- Office-based procedure for nasal congestion – Turbinate Reduction
- Nasal valve collapse