CT scans, or computed tomography scans, use X-rays to create three-dimensional images of the sinus, ear, nose and throat anatomy. This diagnostic information is invaluable to properly diagnose medical conditions or plan ENT & Sinus procedures.
Patients with sinus issues will first be evaluated, discuss symptoms, signs of disease and any pertinent medical history. An In-Office CT Scan will be done if indicated to assist in formatting a diagnosis and medical or surgical plan.
In-office CT Scan at Fort Worth ENT
Our specialized CT scanning technology not only provides more efficient results (you get your diagnosis during your exam), but also delivers a much lower dose of radiation. Since our equipment is customized to target only the sinuses, temporal bones and skull base, it does not use as much radiation as a full-body CT scanner.
Our in-office CT scanner also allows our patients to be scanned while sitting upright, instead of being subjected to the claustrophobic, full-body version. A typical in-office scan will take only about 20 seconds. Make an appointment today to get faster results!
Xoran In-Office CT Scan
Our In-Office CT Scan, a state-of-the-art Xoran MiniCAT™, is a compact, sitting position computed tomography system designed for high-resolution, bone window imaging of the sinuses, temporal bones, and skull base. MiniCAT™ provides immediate access to images resulting in a faster diagnosis and treatment. Our software is designed for imaging both the sinuses and temporal (ear) bones.
Advantages for the Patient
- Comfortable, patient-friendly design
- 90% less radiation than conventional CT
- Visualization of the disease
- Faster and better treatment options
- Patient's peace of mind
- Shortens time for diagnosis
Xoran In-Office CT ScanAdvantages for the Physician
- Immediate and accurate diagnostic information
- Low dose protocols for largest field of view
- High-quality images tailored to your imaging task
- Slices as thin as 0.3mm
- 10 or 20 second scan times
- Less than 30 second reconstruction time
- Carbon Fiber head rest designed to mitigate patient motion